‘Educating the Mind, Nurturing the Soul’
Through a safe yet stimulating learning environment, following a UK based program, our well qualified and experienced staff enable all the children of SCL to fulfill their potential by:
- Providing a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum
- Providing opportunities for each child to be the best they can be
- Assisting each child to become a self sufficient decision maker
- Promoting the development of lively and inquisitive minds
- Placing emphasis and value on social and emotional development
- Fostering productive partnerships between school and home
Through our commitment to honour our Mission Statement and Ethos, our aim is that all children attending SCL become:
- Clear and effective communicators
- Self-directed and life-long learners
- Creative and practical problem solvers
- Responsible and socially conscious global citizens
- Collaborative and quality workers
- Integrative and informed thinkers
The History of SCL International School
Established in 2004, Samui Centre of Learning (former title) began its life in a small Thai wooden house with just two students enrolled. The vision of its founders was to provide an environment where children would feel safe, valued and happy; the best environment for learning. Through a steady expansion plan, the centre has now blossomed into a school that can cater for up to 200 children, in a new and modern purpose built premises.
In 2009 the school, which had previously only enrolled children of nursery and primary age, took the move into secondary education. In March 2010, the school became an accredited Cambridge International Examinations centre and accredited to use the Cambridge Primary Years and Lower Secondary Programs. In March 2011, the school was granted International School Status by the Thailand Ministry of Education, only the second school in the South East of Thailand to receive this accolade.
Today, SCL International School continues to grow from strength to strength, yet despite this growth, has maintained its family atmosphere. With continued emphasis on individual learning, holistic teaching methods and a fully supported EAL department, the school really is living up to its motto; ‘Educating the mind, Nurturing the Soul’.